Welcome to the Carpet Institute of Australia
The Carpet Institute of Australia Limited (CIAL) is a non-profit industry association dedicated to the development of Australian’s $1.6 billion carpet industry. Formed in 1967, CIAL represents carpet manufacturers, as well as retailers and suppliers of goods and services to industry.
- Promoting the features and benefits of Carpet
- Promoting Environmental Sustainability
- Australian Carpet Classification Scheme (ACCS)
- Carpet Industry Arbitration Service (CIAS)
- Index of Carpet Names
- Australian and International Standards Development
- Technical publications
- Consumer Information
- Lobbying and representing the industry’s interests to Government
Services to Members:
- Government Relations- influencing policies that affect the industry
- Environmental Sustainability – development of Policy, Programs,
Code of Practice and the ACCS Environmental Classification Scheme
- Industry Statistics
- Consumer information on the features and benefits of carpet.
- Australian and International Standards committee representation
- Technical analysis and review functions
- Computer based training programs on carpet manufacturing, test methods and standards and environmental management
- Networking opportunities...